Friday, June 23, 2017

Refresh: Friday Frolics - Plot or Pants

YES, it's Friday and we're back on track!


Little too excited there? Maybe. I'm just starting to feel stronger...life has been a challenge lately, but that's another blog...and all my planning is back on track. Which, you guessed it, another lame lead in:

HOT authors, what do you think works best for our genre - plotting or being a pantser?



Generally speaking, plotting. It happens that sometimes I deviate from the plot, but usually plotting works best for me. I have a general idea of who the characters are, personalities, likes and dislikes. This pretty much gives some idea of what the characters will do or how they will react to situations, especially sexual situations in erotica or erotic romance. But of course, there is the flexibility that if I think of something else that will fit a character's development or interest, then I can go with it if the change feels good.



I'm writing short stories for bedtime, but because I'm working through the months/seasons I do plot them out a little. I try for the celebrations happening in each month, the weather, what may just be part of my characters' history.

With that said, the stories sometimes have taken off on their own. Moving ahead based on one word. The ending for box set 2 took me for surprise as I hadn't planned part of that story until set 3.


Thank you for dropping over, we appreciate it. Have a fun weekend and hope to you see next week.
 
Remember, if you have a question or anything you want us to muse about just drop me a line at MuseChrisChat@gmail.com
 
Keep Frolicking




No comments: